How to become a member of Troupe #6012
To become active card-holding member* of the International Thespian Society a student must fulfill the following requirements:
2) Attend at least 2/3 or 65% of the thespian meetings (regular or make up) during the current year.
3) Involved in at least one (1) production during the year inducted (ushering does not constitute as "involvement") OR Participation in one (1) State Thespian Event.
4) Participate actively in the theatre program by
a) being a member of the cast
b) being a member of the crew
c) participating in work parties
d) actively being involved in the program in many levels
e) attending productions
f) bringing 6 points from your MS Thespian Troupe
g) recording your own points accurately
5) pay your $30 lifetime thespian membership fee once you have been inducted (required to become an active thespian).
6) Have paid your $85 Participation fee in full (1 fee for entire year).
Note for Freshmen - Up to six (6) pts may be "carried up" from middle school theatre if an inducted member of an active Junior Thespian Troupe. contact your Middle School Thespian Director for copy of point sheet.
Thespian Points for participation, work party, and performance attendance are accumulative. To become a member in a subsequent attempt - requirements 2, 3, 4, 5 must be re-acquired during the attempted year.
NOTE* You may lose the active membership status of the troupe if you do not continue ongoing participation in the department (ie- not attending meetings after becoming inducted and paying your fee. OR you have not paid the $30 membership fee at the time of inductions.)